Tuesday 18 March 2014

Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick-142

Hi!Today I am going to review a lipstick from a very popular range by Lakme-The Enrich Satin range of lipsticks.My relation to this one brand that Indian beauties can boast about as their very own have always been really like a tug-of -war game-while I love a few of their products,most have proved to be disastraous for me and not to mention their sudden  price hike for all their new launches making it impossible to invest on them,specially for those who are on a tight budget.Now coming down to this range of lippies-they have been around from time immemorial,they were the definition of lipstick for me a kid and they are one range that haven't altered much over time.I am not much into lipsticks and this range repulsed me always with their collection of all the aunt-ish colours(I am sincerely sorry if I have offended all the mauve-purple-dark maroon-magenta-sprakling lipstick lovers).But recently after they added 26 new colours to this range and I happened to stumble upon a very pretty true pink-peach shade(143) that my curiosity about this long-forgotten range was again evoked.I did a bit of research which really did not help so much given I was sorely disappointed seeing that all the shades except 143 were actually variety shades of brown.But they were better than the almost black-browns and magentas and purples and since I was looking for a nude lipstick to add to my collection within a budget I decided to give them a go after all these years.I went to my local cosmetic store with a few shades in mind and swatched only them so as not to get confused and finally got 142.

The packaging is the same old eternal classic(?) boring maroon rectangular plastic tube with a golden band reading "Lakme".The only difference that I find is that the plastic has a matte finish which I like unlike the earlier glossier version .In general I hate the packaging but I suppose it's no use complaining given the price they are charging and the 70 shades they are offering(though most look like twins and triplets!).The cap click locks but is quite flimsy and will break for sure if you drop it too hard.There is a maroon sticker both above the cap and at the base of the lipstick tube mentioning the shade number which can again be very confusing if you own too many of these lipsticks.Priced at Rs.225 for 4g approx,this lipstick is a winner pigmentation-wise. Shelf-life is 3years.A single quote give near opaque coverage and double coat increase the depth of the colour.Staying power is average-around 4hours with light snacks and after that it leaves a even brownish stain which is not very pretty to my eyes at least.Another part is the smell-It is quite overpowering but the plus point is it does not linger too long.This particular shade appears light burnt-seinna brown in the tube but swatches look more like a mixture of peach and brown and on my lips it looks like a cross between rust and brown.There is no shimmer in it and does not bleed.It do not settle into lines either.It does not transfer too much either,especially when worn with a primer beneath.Now I got this lippy during mid-January and the season was quite cold in Kolkata.It felt quite hard on my lips and did not glide easily.Hence application was also patchy.I had to solve this problem by warming up the bullet by rubbing a couple of strokes on my palm.Also their were minute granules of god knows what in the bullet.It's mid-March now and already it is scorching hot specially during the midday.To my amazement the bullet feels so buttery now-almost brittle and is sweating.While on the up-side,it has turned real buttery and easy for application,the down-side is that it is melting and broke from the base today even though I did not apply much pressure.This shade will suit fair to medium skin tones and even dusky divas when a couple of strokes are applied otherwise it may wash out on them.This works great when paired with dramatic eyes and rosy cheeks.A perfect colour for office or formal occasion,this will look equally well with ethnic or western outfits.Brown tend to age people but somehow I don't find this issue with this shade.It is my go-to colour whenever I am doing a black smokey eye look.
Tubelight-with flash

The lipstick

the bullet

hand-swatches

primed lips with maybelline bb stick-radiance and then topped the lipstick
 
When worn alone it imparts a bolder brown-rust colour,but when layered over primed lips,it looks a very light peachy brown-almost like you are not wearing anything.My lips are neither too pale nor too pigmented,and on covering up with bb stick,it appears slightly darker than my skin tone.This way,as I have observed the lipstick survives much longer as well.
At a glance:
Pros:
  • Very affordable
  • Good pigmentation
  • Good staying power
  • does not transfer too much
  • 70 shades available
  • easily available
  • cap click locks hence travel friendly 
Cons:
  • awful smell
  • boring as well as confusing packaging 
  • hardens during winter to the extend that application gets patchy
  • melts during summer-my bullet broke actually!
  • flimsy packaging in terms of the material of packaging
  • most of the shades out of the 70s are actually variety of browns-brown-peach,brown-plum,brown-black,brown-purple... Do I need to go on? and maroon.Exceptions are 356-siren red,143-pink-peach.
I am sure everyone has tried at least one of these.They are a nice and very easily available choice at a reasonable price but not the best.You can get much better quality at similar price or a few more bucks from Avon and Colorbar.Which of these do you like?And do share if I have missed any of their "different" shades,that is any other shades that is true to its origin and not mixed with browns and maroons.I don't think I will again buy one of these unless I am looking for a siren red just to experiment how it will look on me.Good night and stay tuned,I will soon be coming up with tutorials once my upcoming exams get over.

No comments:

Post a Comment