Wednesday 28 August 2013

Elle 18 lip color-Coral Romance no.42

Hi Friends!
Sorry that I cannot frequently update my blog and all credit for this goes to my computer that just won't switch on.Today I am going to review one of the favorite brands among college goers-elle 18.Today it is a lip color review.Elle 18 is known and popular among youngsters for their range of trendy colors in a pocket friendly budget.Recently they have launched a number of new shades both in their nail pop range and the lip colors.Six new lips colors were added to their already fabulous range of around 30 shades.But unlike the existing shades these colors are more coral based hues.I have picked up the shade numbered 42 and named coral romance to review.I might appear a bit biased given it is my favorite lip colour shade,but then everyone becomes biased when it comes to defending their prized possessions isn't it?
This lip colour comes in the usual plain black packaging with a girl's portrait and elle 18 logo printed on the cap.Like every other elle 18 lipstick it is enriched with cocoa butter and has the same vanilla like strong fragrance.
Elle 18 color pop-coral romance 42

 
Quantity-4.3ml
Price-INR 100(but I got it at INR85 from our local drugstore-discounted price for being a dedicated customer. :D)
Shelf life-30 months from package

Though the elle 18 lip colors come with a moisturizing center they tend to dry out the lips within a couple of hours but surprisingly this lipstick is far more creamy and moisturizing compared to the other lipsticks of the same brand that I have used so far.It is not highly pigmented but still more than the usual elle 18 formulation.Two swipes are enough.The color itself is not a very deep shade so you really can't expect it to be very deep in color.It is a matte lipstick.The color stays on well for 2-3 hours but leaves a subtle pinkish stain for a couple of hours more.And I found it very suitable for both fair and dusky complexion(experimented on my sweet little sister who is dusky and truly beautiful).However I don't think it will compliment olive toned beauties too well but you can give it a try if you really love this colour.
It is a very natural shade suitable for daily wear and casual parties but I won't recommend it as a colour for more extravagant purposes like wedding ceremonies.Works pretty well on both full lips and thinner ones,it looks best for me with a brown and golden smokey eyes.You can try that out or find another make up trick to enhance your beauty but do share your ideas with me,I am always eager to know more.


Coral romance
The color is a true coral-in between tangerine and pink.



a single swipe swatch




 
A short summary:
PROS:
  • more than average moisturising
  • very pocket friendly yet good quality
  • easily available
  • lovely shade
  • suitable for most skin tones
  • suitable as a everyday colour
CONS:
  • Hate the smell
  • colour transfers easily while drinking or eating
RECOMMENDATION: If you love corals then this is the colour for you.I will buy it again if I don't fall in love with another shade or find the same shade in some other superior brand that I can manage to afford.Budget matters! :P
RATE IT: 4/5(deducted the point for the smell and color transfer problem)
So have you used this colour yet??How do you find it?
I love your opinions and they are really valuable so keep reading and keep sharing!
Look out for my next post,I will be back soon..till then buy and take care!
p.s. Stay pretty! :)
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment