Sunday 8 March 2015

Meis Matte Eyeshadow Palette

Hello and welcome to yet another post.Sorry I have been away for quite a long time again but now I am back with a review on an eye shadow palette I stumbled upon while looking for something entirely different.Such things happen with me all the time.I decide on shopping for something and end up buying something entirely different.Anyway this one is from a brand called Meis cosmetics and I have seen other palettes of this brand in many cosmetic shops of Kolkata and also at the International Trade Fair-Lifestyle pavilion at the Thailand counter.I suppose they mainly originate from China.I had been desperate for a good set of matte browns in various hues.While the best bet with a brand name would have been Inglot,I literally cringed with horror thinking of the hole it would burn in my already-light pocket!Rs.400 for one shadow is not my cup of tea yet.I searched online and came across the Coloressence one as well but I was not really very sure of the shade.I had almost given up on the idea of finding myself a palette that contained browns and only neutrals in matte when I saw this one at a really small cosmetic shop of Hatibagan opposite Star theatre.
I have a love-hate relationship with this palette,Of all the 12 colours only 3 are usable.I don't really mind that because this three are the only colours I will ever use.
My take:
The palette looks sleek an classy but is quite brittle.There is no mirror and once I dropped it the white in the top row shattered.
Pigmentation is mediocre however with a primer it appears a bit more vibrant.Staying power is average-upto 4-5hours with a primer underneath.
The shadow settles in creases particularly a the corner of my eyes after aximum of 4 hours of wear-time.
Price-Rs.200-350.There is no printed price amount on the box and the price varies from store-to-store.
Availability is another issue.Though shimmer or satin eyeshadow palettes from the same brand is widely available,the matte palettes are hard to come by.So far I have spotted them at two places.One is mentioned above and the other is a make-shift counter at the Diamond Plaza Mall that stocks only cosmetics from thailand or China.However it is a no-bargain store and they quote twice the actual price.
Swatches:

A look created with the browns from this palette:

I have used primer underneath and also Lakme eyconic kajal in brown to line my upper lashes.
Overall,this palette is ok if you are on really tight budget and only just learning to use eyeshadows.Matte shadows are really hard to come by in palettes in India that to within a reasonable budget.This is by-far the first palette that I came across which had 12 all-matte shades in one palette.However I won't recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin/eyes since there is no mention of expiry date anywhere and not a reliable ingredients list.  

6 comments:

  1. Hey, can you tell me the address of the mall!
    I love Meis products but I don't know where to find in Calcutta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.. it is in north kolkata. Rodkol. The nearest metro station is Belgachia.The name of the mall is diamond plaza. The store is on the 4th floor right in front of the linc store beside the escalator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey.. it is in north kolkata. Rodkol. The nearest metro station is Belgachia.The name of the mall is diamond plaza. The store is on the 4th floor right in front of the linc store beside the escalator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your article and found it very helpful thanks for publishing this post about women accessories of EyeShadows. So many great tips in this blog post Its important to get good quality women's Accessories for sale Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here.
    top-5-best-eyeshadow-primers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you it can harm you and cause you irritation? Buy Latisse online to avoid that irritation.

    ReplyDelete