Wednesday 27 November 2013

Lakme CC Creame-Bronze

Hey friends!
The winter season is almost at our doorstep and so is the beauty hazards related to it.Dry lips,scaly skin,dandruff and what not!But still it is a favorite season of mine.Just imagining sleeping late in the morning under the blankets makes me long for my bed.Poor bed!it must be lonely without me since I haven't laid down for 48hrs at a stretch..Yeah,I am super-lazy but sometimes I do like taking a break from laziness. :P
And that's when I write for those wise beauties who always run a background check for everything ranging from lip balms to boyfriends and husbands!Yeah,those living two-legged "things" too required to be selected carefully after a good background check.No offence guys!You too have your share of fun at our expense..
Well,enough of bantering and beating around the bush-lets's get straight to the point.Today's post is again a review-I know this won't disappoint anyone as reviews are the most useful thing when it comes to selecting cosmetics and I have got to many in stock yet to be reviewed so lets get over with them.Then I can buy a new stack of things!(LOL!I hope my father doesn't read this) Today my porst is about as you have already seen the heading-Lakme CC creams.
When the Indian cosmetic market is flooded with a new trend of BB creams,Lakme came up with yet another new addition and innovation-The CC creams.This creams have been in trend for quite some times so I suppose none of you will require a lecture on what are BB creams.For those who do require it follow this link and read up the first two paras. And as for CC creams this is what Lakme says about their new addition.You can read it up directly from their website,here. Sorry,I am lazy-Didn't feel like writing this extra part.
I wasn't at all interested in trying this out because I never use any creams even in winter and really don't give a damn about "complexion correction".I am a very self satisfied person when it comes to my looks and styling.Also I did not want to throw away 250 bucks just like that in case the cream did not suit me.So instead I opted for a cheaper BB cream just to give this things a try-going with the trend you know.And fortunately I have quite fair a complexion so I did not need to worry about the limited shade choice of garnier BB cream and so far I am very happy with its performance.This CC cream got into the household through my sister who got inspired by the glowy effect of bb creams but couldn't find a match for her dusky complexion and I was naughty enough not to mention that since garnier bb is quite sheer it won't be a problem to be used on her Bacause I wanted her to buy something different so I can try that out as well.She did her own research to find her match and zeroed for CC cream in bronze shade.I must say she did make a wise choice.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
The CC cream comes in two shade-'beige' for fair skin and 'bronze' for dusky complexion.I am going to review the bronze one.The tube is 30ml and the price INR 250.It come in a sturdy matte yet slightly shiny maroon carton.The tube is a warm beige colour and quite slim with a silver cap.It is a normal tube(doesn't have a nozzle)But the opening is minuscle so there is no chance of over-leaking of the product.The design is very eye-catching and sleek.The 'beige' shade costs less-30ml costs Rs.199.But I think the 'bronze' shade is the ideal one for 70% of Indian women.

MY TAKE ON THE PRODUCT:
Since it belongs to my sister,I did not get many chances of trying this on myself and the colour is bit too warm for my complexion.So most of my views I am penning are actually my sister's observations.I will add few of my own observations from the couple of time I used it at the end of the post.
First,the formulation-it cream is quite thick in consistency,little less than foundations but by far more than BB creams and tinted moisturizers.So the coverage is quite good.But it is required to massage well to evenly spread it all over the face.Initially it seem overwhemlingly illuminating the complexion which can be intimidating and look like you tried too hard to look fair but eventually within a few minutes it smooths out and give the face a more perfect yet natural look.
Second,suitability in different skin types-it will work ideally for normal to dry skin but a moisturizer is a must underneath in case of dry skin.It comes with SPF 20 which is a plus and you can skip a separate sunscreen.
Its staying power is really good-6 to 7 hours on normal skin and my sister never complained of the cream transferring anywhere.But as for oily skin,which is my type,I did not find it as satisfactory.The worst part is that the only time I used it,it smeared my cellphone after about 4hours of application as I received a call.It also feels heavy on my skin.Another problem is its availability-while the 'beige' shade is easily available and always in stock,this one is always out of stock.Underneath are two images of my sister before and after application:
before application
after application


















A SUMMARY:
PROS:

  • thicker coverage compared to BB creams but lesser than foundations
  • SPF 24
  • Comes in two shades so can be availed by beauties of different complexions
  • does not transfer/rub off/fades on normal to dry skin.stays put for as long as 8hrs
  • very sleek packaging
  • travel friendly
  • mild fragrance- non-lingering and not overpowering
CONS:

  • not so suitable for oily skin
  • must use a moisturizer underneath specially during winter for dry skin
  • sticks to flaky skin if any
  • does not spread easily if applied lightly
  • transfers if used on oily skin
Will I purchase?
Not sure really-I might try it out in beige shade once my BB cream gets over.
Will I recommend?
Yes of course-If you have normal/dry/combination/and mildly oily skin this one will really work great for you and you might even forget about your foundations and compacts!
Anyways this is all for today,stay tuned fot my next updates and till then take care and stay pretty!
Also if you have already used this product do drop in your opinions as comments.I try my level best to answer each and everyone of them and love reading your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment